A few questions by Mr.Selva surendiran, right now in his first year of college. A mixed bunch I should say! As always, answers will be posted after a week.
1. The company was Lutsuko and later changed into something that means “ to lose money “ Which company are we talking about?
2. What is the name of the FM channel introduced by India Today?[In June 26,2002]
3. “I knew a trade name must be short, vigorous, incapable of being misspelled to an extent that will destroy its identity, and in order to satisfy the trademark laws, it must mean nothing”. Who said this and name the brand?
4. What contribution did a vague movie by name ‘Rooplekha’ make to Indian cinema?
5. The word ‘stadium’ comes from ‘stade’ a unit of distance. What distance was the unit equal to?
6. In medieval times, in Europe, 1/3 of taxes went to the King, 1/3 to the nobility and 1/3 to the common man. How is this immortalised?
7. This person wrote about himself thus: "Principal virtues : keeps his nails clean. Principal faults: that he has no family , is bad tempered and has a poor digestion. One and only wish: Not to be buried alive. Greatest sin: that he does not worship Mammon. Important events in his life: None". Who?
8. An author, as a sign of gratitude to the nurse who had cared for his firstborn child, gave a script and asked her to sell it when she was in need of money. Years later, when the nurse was really in want of money, she sold it and lived in comfort for the rest of her life. The manuscript was the first part of a famous work of this author Name the book and author?
9. The MIT students calculated my speed to be around 1046 km/sec, bout 3000 times the speed of light. The total load weight involved in my transfer is 321000 tonnes. 214000 living organisms of the same species are involved in my transfer. I have 918 million destinations to reach in 31 hours across 24 time zones visiting 822.6 destinations per second. Who or what am I?
10. The result of an experiment at MIT went - ‘Specimen X had a specific gravity of 1.00 Specimen Y had a specific gravity of 1.06. Specific gravity of XLY. Hence QED’. What did the experiment prove?