Few questions contributed by members of VIT's Donkey Balls Quiz Club.
1. Lady Clarke and Ms. Florence Murphy were the most notable members of this group. Which group are we talking about and what is the connection with the Ashes?
2. Melbourne Punch(2 August 1855 - December 1925) was an Australian illustrated magazine formed by Edgar Ray and Frederick Sinnett, modelled closely on the London Punch. How is the Melbourne Punch related to the history of the Ashes?
3. Martin Johnson, in of the greatest quotable quotes of all time said this “ There are only three things that are wrong with this team ________, _________ and _________. Fill in the blanks
4. “ I see that his highness is conscientious objector” This was a rather sarcastic remark made by Douglas Jardine. About whom and what was the reason?
5. The washout at Melbourne in the ashes of 1971 led to an invention in cricket that many believe has led to the degeneration of the game. What?
6.The below mentioned is an exhaustive list. What connects them?
Spofforth F, Australia
Bates W, England
Briggs J, England
Hearne J, England
Trumble H, Australia
Warne S, Australia
Gough D, England
Clue: There was one more edition to this list after the first match in Brisbane in this year.
7. This is a very rare photograph of a huge cricket fan taken during the ashes series. ID the personality.
8. This picture was taken by the famous photographer Steve Lindsell. How do we more famously know the happening?(If possible, ID both players)