Questions 1 through 5 contibution: Sourabh Banthia aka SoBan
David Ginola - 1997
Beckham, Ginola, Lassiter, Moller, Raul - 1998
Dennis Bergkamp - 1999
Eddie Pope - 2000
Paul Scholes - 2001
Thierry Henry - 2002
Ryan Giggs, Roberto Carlos, Edgar Davis - 2003
Theiry Henry, Alessandro Del Peiro, Ronaldinho - 2004
Patrick Viera, Andriy Shevchenko and Fernando Morientes - 2005
Rooney, Ronaldinho - 2006 to 2009
Theo Walcott, Rooney, Lampard - 2010
____, Rooney - 2011
List is exhaustive. Connect and FITB.
2. Galena is the natural mineral form of lead sulfide. One of its earliest uses of was as kohl, in Ancient Egypt. It also found use in early wireless communication systems, and in contact junction rectifiers (popularly known as "cat's whiskers") which were used as detectors in early crystal radios, till World War II. In 2009 however, it became world famous for its use as something. Put fundae, and id what it was used as.
3. Willem de X was a Dutch mathematician, physicist and astronomer. He co-authored a paper with Albert Einstein in 1932 in which they argued that there might be large amounts of matter which do not emit light, now commonly referred to as dark matter. He came up with the concept of the de X space and de X universe, a solution for Einstein's general relativity. He was also famous for his research on the planet Jupiter. Gimme X. Sitter.
4. An anecdote has it that when Philip II sent a message to Sparta saying "If I enter Laconia, I will raze Sparta to the ground", the Spartans responded with the single, terse reply: "X". What?
5. 'We love Hollywood. We just have a funny way of showing it.' Tagline of?
6. “Yea, it’s on. I’m not exactly sure how the farm animals are going to fit into this whole thing (you can’t really ever be sure with farm animals…), but I like the idea of comparing two people together.”
Who, on what? Specific what.