Here is a small quiz commemorating the 25th post of the CQC blog. Please avoid googling as it gives you the answers right away. And lets hope this trend continues making CQC an even bigger success than it already is :)
1.The band's name was derived from the word X taken from the Wilbur Smith novel Sunbird. In this novel, X is the name of a city of the moon. Name the band. (Not workable but included it as I wanted a tribute question :) )
2.What is the contribution of Alberto Korda aka Alberto Diaz Gutierrez's contribution to the world? His contribution is used even on currencies in his native country. (The country would give it away)
3.This is the first time a Tamil movie is having a promotional song i.e A song which does not feature in the movie but has been released to media. Which movie? (Clue if it helps, The song was sung by Benny Dayal)
4.X were generally supplied by Goldings which was a very famous Barnados school. Some duties of X include rolling and feeding. A roll may seem like something simple at first, but the rolls must be flat, straight & fast. Identify X.
5.X has never acted as a villain and has never used the "F" word in his movies. At the age of 17, X worked as a stuntman in the Bruce Lee films Fist of Fury and Enter the Dragon under the stage name Chen Yuen Long. (Sitter!!! But a very famous photo!!!)
6. Identify the personality.
7. The only one connect in this quiz :P (Sharan!! You already know the answer and so you are not allowed to attempt this question)
8. Gunter's Chain is a measuring device used for accurate land survey by triangulation. It consists of a chain formed of 100 long wire links, with brass tags along the chain for intermediate
measurement. One of its lasting legacies is as a very well-known length. Of what?
9. X was a very famous personalty. His friend Y is also a very famous personality. Once when X went to Y's house, Y offered X something to eat. What Y offered was something very very well know to X. Y then casually asked X "How is the Z?". Y answered that it was very good and that it was even better than his product. X smiles and tells him that what he gave him was infact his own product but the only difference was that he had heated it in a microwave oven and given it. This idea was used by X to increase the popularity of Z. What is X,Y and Z? (The question might be confusing but the answer is a total sitter!!!)
10. I debuted for Madras University under the captaincy of Krishnamachari Srikanth. I have rubbed shoulders with Mohammad Azharuddin and Ravi Shastri. I am a leg spinner. But suddenly i totally lost my action and I stopped playing the game altogther. Now I am known in Tamil Nadu as a full fletched comedian. Who am I?
P.S again- Googling takes all the fun :P