Another set from one of the wildcard rounds:
1. Which great cricketer’s first outing in the international arena was as a substitute for Pakistan XI against Cricket Club of India Golden Jubilee XI at the Barbourne Stadium in 1988-1989?
2. If Disney’s The Beauty and the Beast was the first, what was the second?
3. This is one of his favorite catchphrases. He uses it when he doesn't have money to buy food. It first made an appearance in 1932. This phrase is now commonly used to illustrate fiscal irresponsibility and still appears in modern comedies such as The Drew Carey Show and The Office.
The good phrase?
4. X is a small city of around 12000 people in Italy. After the Arab conquest of southern Italy, the town was dominated by Arabs, who gave it the name Qurlayun. The town’s people were known as “Courageous Civitas” because of its position on the front line in all wars. The town was also infamous for its numerous criminal activities. The town became famous in 1969 when _______ used this in his works. X?
5. The character X’s creation as a "gentle, hairy, .............." was inspired by George Lucas seeing his own Alaskan Malamute dog sitting up on the passenger seat of his car. The dog also inspired the name of the lead character in another series of films, Y.
X and Y please.
6. The main characters are based on James Hadley Chase’s Vic Malloy and Jack Kerman. Some of the actor’s who portrayed them include Jaishankar and Rajnikanth as X. Vijay Athiraj and Y.G Mahendran as Y. But the widely concluded statement is that none of them portrayed the characters to their actual greatness. The best suited personality for X and Y are said to be Oviyar Jeyaraj’s creations.
Who am I talking about?