1. Quoting Senthil Sir's perfect answer: They were part of the ladies group that presented the original Ashes urn to Ivo Bligh, the visiting English captain. He had earlier in the year lost a one-test series to Australia and symbolically a bail was burnt to signify the death of English Cricket and filled in the urn. As an aside, Ivo sailed to Australia to not only reclaim the series but also his love, Ms. Florence Murphy.
also cracked by Bagri and Ram
2. A label containing a six line verse is pasted on the urn. This is the fourth verse of a song-lyric published in Melbourne Punch on 1 February 1883:
When Ivo goes back with the urn, the urn;
Studds, Steel, Read and Tylecote return, return;
The welkin will ring loud,
The great crowd will feel proud,
Seeing Barlow and Bates with the urn, the urn;
And the rest coming home with the urn.
cracked by Senthil and Bagri.
3. on the England team: "They can't bat, they can't bowl and they can't field." referring to the 1986 tour to Australia.
cracked by Sticky, Senthil, Sourabh, Sundaram, Ashok, Bagri and Ram.
4. Jardine's comment about Bodyline directed at Nawab Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi.
cracked by Sticky, Senthil, Ashok, Bagri.
cracked by Senthil, Sundaram, Ashok, Arjun, Bagri
6. Hat-tricks in the Ashes, the latest one being Peter Siddle.
cracked by Sticky, Senthil, Praveen, Sundaram, Ashok, Arjun, Bagri and Ram.
7. Mick Jagger.
cracked by Ashok, Bagri and myself.
8. Shane Warne's Ball of the Century to Mike Gatting, wicketkeeper being Ian Healy, in the 1993 series in England.
cracked by Sticky, Senthil, Praveen, Sundaram, Ashok, Arjun, Bagri and Ram
9. Boxing Day Tests in the Ashes.
cracked by Ram alone.